We are not currently running any Kids or Teen classes.
Please check back later
The benefits of yoga and meditation for children and teens are well documented and at YogaJo’s we hope that we can inspire your youngsters to make yoga a lifelong practice. We currently have classes running for 9-12 years. These fun and engaging classes run in block bookings to school term time.
Liz Young is our kids yoga teacher and is just great with the children. There is so much joy coming from the studio I want to go in and join them frequently!!
Childrens Yoga Classes run:
5 – 8 years – Tuesday 4.15 – 5.00 pm
9-12 years – Tuesdays 5.15 – 6.00 pm.
These classes run to school term times as a block booking per term and cost £6.00 per class. The block will become available in the online store, usually about a week before it is due to start. It can also be paid for at the studio on the first day of the block, but email us beforehand to let us know your child is coming.
Yoga for children has many benefits and provides some much needed balance in a modern world that can at times overwhelm with constant stimulation.
Yoga for children helps to:
- Develop a stronger sense of self esteem.
- Be more mindful and respectful of others.
- Appreciate “quiet times” and “time out”.
- Have a greater sense of physical awareness.
- Develop well-balanced health of body and mind.
- Prepare for teenage years ahead.
- Develop a keen interest in healthy living.
- Improve concentration through breathing exercises.
- Strengthen the abdominal muscles and balance energy levels.
- Support the immune, respiratory, circulatory and digestive systems.
- Strengthen the core and back muscles.
- Posture work also helps tone the body, maintain joint mobility and good posture
- Practicing yoga maintains a child’s natural flexibility, which can diminish through prolonged hours sitting at the school desk.